Initial Requirements to become a Foster Care Parent
• Applicants must be willing and available to attend up to 60+ hours of pre-service training, including CPR/First Aid, IMPACT, Medication Administration, Handle With Care, Understanding Trauma and Discipline with Care.
• Participate in a detail assessment of their home as required by the State of Georgia and hold a GA Driver’s License
• Meet age Qualification: must be 25 years of age if single or 10 years older than the foster child if married
• Can be Single, Married, Divorced, Separated or a Widow/er
• May be with or without children of their own
• May be employed or not employed, but must have a source of income
• May rent or own their home
• Must have a land line telephone and mode of transportation
• Must have a minimum of 5 approved references (with at least one family member)
• All adults living in the home (if applicable) must undergo background checks, including fingerprinting and drug screen. Determination of results for application approval is on a case by case basis.